Thursday 26 September 2013

Current Fave to Nay

I received a sample of Organic Root Stimulator Hair Repair Anti-breakage Creme attach to their hair mayonnaise. After several months of sitting on my counter I decided to give a try.

The product claims the following:
"Helps moisturize and strengthen weak and damaged hair.  Formulated with a blend of bamboo extract, shea butter, and other essential ingredients that have been known to help reduce breakage and dryness in natural and relaxed hair.  With continued use, hair will appear stronger with a beautiful, healthy-looking shine."

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), C12-15 Alkyl, Benzoate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, PEG-150 Stearate Cetyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Lanolin, PEG-40 Stearate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, PEG-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Butryospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Prunues Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Bamboo (Bambusa Vulgaris) Extract, Dimethicone Methionine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, BHA, BHT, Triethanoamine, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Lilal, d-Limonene, CI 19140 (Yellow #5), CI 15985 (Yellow #6)

Directions:
Use daily or as often as needed. Apply a small amount to the scalp and massage.  Comb through for even distribution from root to end.  May also be applied directly to ends for added protection.

If you follow this blog you would know that I tried the moisturizer for this line of ORS products,but sadly it wasn't the bomb. I actually like the anti-breakage creme more because it is more nourishing because my hair loves it and so do I. It is a heavy product and a little goes a long. I must admit that I was reluctant to try it because of its ingredients, I did not want to experience protein overload but as I said it works great. While using this I did not feel the need to seal my hair because of its consistency. I think I am going to purchase the bigger jar and possibly replace my current moisturizer (ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion).Lastly, I think this would serve well as a leave in conditioner.

RECALL:
I used this for two- three weeks and after awhile my hair felt very stiff and dry. So I think this isn't for me. I am going to stick to my previous moisturizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment