Tuesday 10 September 2013

Hind sight

Previously, I expressed my inability to find  the perfect moisturizing conditioner. Today while reflecting I realized I might have cast aside the perfect deep conditioner. Earlier in my hair journey I used "Profectiv "Mega Growth Deep Strengthen Growth Conditioner" (such a long name) that made my hair buttery soft and voluminous.I am still puzzled as to why I cast it aside. Before I thought it was quiet moisturizing for a protein conditioner. But little did I know it is more on the moisturizing side although it is marketed more on the protein side.Through out my hair journey no protein product had ever left my hair buttery soft. Therefore, I deem it moisturizing and the ingredients also suggest that it is moisturizing. On my next wash day I plan to use this conditioner after a protein treatment and see how it goes. Wish me luck!!!

These are some the Proteins listed in the product:

  • Silk Amino Acids - Help to seal the hair cuticle, increase detangling & shine, and acts as a moisturizer by preventing dryness. Used to penetrate the hair to add body and strength.

  • Hydrolyzed Oat Protein - Derived from oats; adds texture and thickens hair, soothes, softens, and nourishes it.Restores strength and elasticity. Easily diffuses into the hair shaft to give a fuller, healthier look.

  • Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein: - Strengthens and thickens the hair. It attracts and retains moisture (Film-forming agent which retains water) thus improving hair manageability & elasticity. Excellent penetration into the outer protective layer of hair up to the outer cortex. This protein conditions the hair with its moisture retention and film forming properties, which will greatly improve the body, shine, and smoothness of hair.

  • Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein - A powerful hair strengthening protein complex that instantly & dramatically improves the condition of damaged hair.



  • Hydrolyzed Soy Protein - Known to add strength and manageability to hair. It is able to keep the cuticle smooth, repair and strengthen hair. This vegetable protein helps hair retain moisture. Hydrolyzed soy protein also adds shine, provides ease of combing, and reinforces the hair preventing breakage.

No comments:

Post a Comment