Sunday 21 April 2013

Wash day (4 weeks post)


1.     Pre-pooed using Organics by Africa’s Best Tea-tree Cholesterol with a splash of Organics by Africa’s Best Growth &Strengthening Oil Therapy.

2.     Shampooed with VO5’s Clarifying Shampoo.

3.     Deep conditioned with my concoction (Hair mayo, Moisturizing Conditioner & oil therapy).

4.     Followed up with Optimum’s Deep Conditioning masque to ensure I maintained a perfect moisture and protein balance.

5.     Towel blot my hair and applied Hawaiian Silky Herbal Leave-in Conditioner.









      6.     Detangled and air dried.
       P.s I detangle using an afro comb!


7.     Flat ironed (one pass using the chase method) using ORS Heat Protectant.









 In an earlier post I mentioned my dislike for the cholesterol in step 1 but I figured because of the results it would be more than suitable for pre-pooing. I urge you to make your misses into hits while on your hair journey. Trust me it is rather economical.

Today my plan was to do a roller set but I got tired and I decided to air dry for the first time and it was successful. Air drying would be incorporated into my regimen whenever I want to flat iron because it is less stress on my “mane squeeze”. From here on my blow dryer is officially out of business.

This was my second time pre-pooing. The first time I used Africa’s Best Herbal oil. I think I prefer pre-pooing with the cholesterol. Is pre-pooing necessary? I would say yes if I am clarifying my hair otherwise no because the shampoo (Hawaiian Silky Herbal Ultra moisturizing Shampoo) I am using is not harsh on my hair even though it contains sulfates. Pre-pooing prepares the hair for the shampooing step and since clarifying shampoos are harsh on our delicate hair strands it adds the extra umph to the hair so it is not stripped of all its properties. It was a good experience for me my hair felt clean but not completely stripped. I am yet to try deep conditioning on dry hair to see if my hair would be better off…Stay tuned!:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment